External Program Start

Hi!
I have another problem with Intuiface.
I have a Batch File with udp command inside (i can uploaded to you if you need ).
When i’am launching .bat or .exe from desktop file working,but from Intuiface nothing happens.
Is it possible that Intuiface blocking some ports (i’am using 4001) or just cant launch Batch Files with UDP?

Thank You!!!

Hi,

I answered you on your support request. For other people who could be interested, here is a copy of my answer

Hi Michael,

There’s no reason IntuiFace would block a port and it can launch a batch file using the Launch application.
Could you please send us your batch file so we can test on our side?

In the meantime, we developed a quick sample that you can download here that sends UDP commands directly from IntuiFace.
We used PacketSender to test that messages are correctly received.

You could maybe replace your batch with some IntuIFace actions using the custom Interface Asset in that sample.

2 Likes

Hi Seb,

Some time ago I used the UDP sender to control an Arduino that moves an engine for an interactive experience and worked perfectly.

Currently, I’m trying to control some DMX interfaces (to synchronize lighting) that accept UDP commands to trigger different pre-recorded shows. The problem I have is that Intuiface is sending the character “” twice. I’m checking it with Packet Sender (photo attached). Is there any way to correct this? Is it possible to send HEX strings instead of ASCII?

Best regards,

Hi @Seb

Someone from France who needs to control DMX from Intuiface contacted me by Facebook.
If I could send a HEX string, this would be possible. The problem is that the Asset UDP when sending "", this is duplicated … I think the problem is in Javascript, but I can’t solve it … Can you help me with this? If you can do it, I can generate a document for the whole community where I would explain how to control DMX from Intruiface.

Shared Experience regards,

Best Regards,

Hi Joaquin,

The UDPSender Interface Asset is written in C# and not in JavaScript. I could make some modifications in the code, although I’d need to be sure I understand correctly what you need to be able to send.

Check this article about UDP and hexa: Send a UDP pack in hexa

Do you need to send the hex codes as a string, and therefore why do you need the \ ?
or do you need to send them as bytes?

I love the idea about your guide, we’ve been talking about DMX for a while but still don’t have any DMX hardware in our offices to test this out.

Seb

Hi! If its only a problem to send UDP commands using Intuiface interface i can help.I’am using this all the time.There are some external tricks you can use and its working.

Hi @jimmy,

Would you mind sharing these tricks with us? :slight_smile:

Hi @Seb and @jimmy

What I need to send is a HEX string, for example this:
41 72 74 2D 4E 65 74 00 00 99 00 0E 00 00 6A 6B 03 01

The UDP asset we are using sends ASCII, so I try converting to HEX using “0x” example: 0x41 0x72 0x74 …
I also test with “/” but it doesn’t work either … if we could send HEX direct command it would be simpler …

The hardware that I use to record DMX is DMXking, it is really economical (about € 150) and is very robust. and with Intuiface, we could call preset recordings with these Art-Trigger commands

I thought you need to send UDP strings.I’am sending UDP strings with Batch files from Windows (exe not Bat) If i need communication with DMX i’am using Brightsign.I sending UDP commands to Brightsign and
Then Brightsign controls everything.
If you need to send HEX try to find a way to create Batch file,but you then have to convert Bat to Exe.

There is a little app for IOS for controlling smarthome
DemoPad,this little app can use custom interface that
you create from Windows and can send any Commands you need…

Hi @j.bossie,

I modified the original UDP Sender IA and added a second method to send HEX entered as a string.

This is what you send in Intuiface

That’s you receive in Packet Sender

I think it should answer your need :wink:
I shared the XP with you. Let me know how it goes after testing it.

Seb

Hi @Seb,

Sorry for the delay! I finally did the tests and they were satisfactory! I enclose a link of an experience that I create to control lights.

https://my.intuiface.com/share/ad590af4-2110-4432-8f61-b2f310410cf3

Sorry for the delay! I finally did the tests and they were satisfactory! I enclose a link of an experience that I create to control lights.

I don’t know if you want to move this to another place in the forum to make it more accessible to other users.

Thank you very much!
Joaquin

2 Likes