Are you missing a specific localized keyboard in intuiface?

Hi,

in July 2015, with IntuiFace v5.0 we introduced more than 30 localized keyboards. We based this technology on open source software Virtual Keyboard. It provides more than 150 different keyboards for different languages and layouts.

We did not provide all possible keyboards (they are far too numerous). We focused on major languages and more frequent layout. We did some (possibly arbitrary) choices.

If you think you miss one localized virtual keyboard, please let us know. We may add it in a future release.

NB: these keyboards are not used in IntuiFace on iPad or Android Tablets, as Tablets provide their own specific layout, depending on the current language used on the tablet.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Well, we have project where we need Croatian keyboard layout so please let me know if we can do it by ourself (and how) or when can we expect to have in in future releases.

Thank you.
Velibor

@velibor apparently in Virtual Keyboard Language Layouts (Microsoft) their is no croation keyboard.
However there is one in Virtual Keyboard Language Layouts (select “Croatian (Hrvatski)”)

Can you check that this is the keyboard you are expecting?

I will see with my dev team if this can be added to the product).

Christophe

Hi,
“Croatian/Hrvatski” is layout we need, yes.
Do you know when would it be added to the product since I have project due in three weeks where I don’t have workaround to solve Hr keyboard layout.
Thanks,
Velibor

@velibor

I added this request in our ticketing system. I expect to have more info next monday end of day.

Christophe

Hi @velibor,

good news, the croatian keyboard will be included in our next release on windows 5.4.1 (planned by the end of this week) and on tablet (a bit later)

Christophe

Hi,

In today’s 6.3.7 release we added the Turkish Q keyboard (in addition to the Turkish F keyboard).
If one of you is missing another launguage specific keyboard, please read the following:

We based our virtual keyboards on open source software: Virtual Keyboard . It provides more than 150 different keyboards for different languages and layouts.

We did not provide all possible keyboards (they are obvioulsy too numerous). We focused on major languages and most common layouts. We made some (possibly arbitrary) choices.

If you think we are missing an important localized virtual keyboard, please let us know. We may add it in a future release.

Christophe

2 Likes