API Explorer - Set Multiple Parameters in One Action

In API Explorer, an action can only update one API parameter at a time. It would be very helpful to be able to update many parameters at once. For example, if I’m pulling a list of names, I may have API parameters that allow me to set a “Search Term”, “Sort Order”, and “Number of Results”. It’d be nice to set each of these parameters all in one action. (I’d imagine this would look similar to updating a row in an Excel IA, where the parameters are listed in a line and new values can be assigned/bound to each)

As of right now, the only way I know to do this is to bind the parameters to text items or variables and change them on the fly, which isn’t the most clean solution.

Other designers - let me know if you’re with me!

• YES, I need this too!
  • Nope, don’t need

0 voters

1 Like

Hey everyone, I just thought I’d bubble this one into view again. If you’re like me and use API explorer almost daily, being able to update mutiple parameters at once would be a huge help.

For example, let’s say you want to filter a data set by a search term AND reset the page back to pg 1. Or Filter your dataset by a category AND sort it accordingly at the same time.

As of right now, you need to set two or more separate actions to do this, which is two api calls happening at once, which can slow down the display…or cause unreliable results at times. Since API explorer is essentially forming a new call-request link with each action, and each parameter is already defined, I would think it would be very possible to change multiple parameters before the request is sent. Thanks Devs for taking another look!

1 Like