What’s next? Something big 🎁! And we’ll need a little help from you to get there so read on…

HI,

One very cool project would be get information of the user from Facbeook. I agree users avoid typing password on public interactive display, but one solution would be acessing FB through user devices. Facebook allow it, asking the user to type a PIN on his mobile device (at Facebook)

tks

I wonder if a good general API to integrate with would be an API software…like Zapier or IFTTT?
You can check out Zapier’s app directory here: Explore All Apps | Zapier

1 Like

Thank you Marcelo for pointing that new Facebook way of login when in a public place ti us. That’s very interesting and might unlock the reluctance we had integrating with Facebook. We have re-opened the internal discussions about putting this integration on our roadmap. Instagram has recently changed its API access policy making the integration almost impossible, so, as Instagram is owned by Facebook, it will follow soon the same login-for-device policy.

Alex: W already provide the same kind of integration via Segment.io using IntuiFace Data Tracking (see app directory supported by Segment here: Integration Catalog | Twilio Segment). Each data point collected in an experience can be forwarded to Segment then to any platform listed.

Thanks @Vincent, I remember seeing this when the data point plans were released, but hadn’t really looked into Segment.io. Looks pretty cool - someday I’ll have some time to test it out and see what we can use it for!

Hi guys! I’m extremely new to intuilab. I have a great idea, but don’t know where to turn for help. We use a online software for our business for CRM and production management. I would like to create a touch screen solution for the employees on the production/manufacturing floor. The software makers have provided a page for their API available for use. Please let me know if it is possible for intuilab to create a new more exciting way of collecting data, and the two programs work together? Thanks.

Mike

Hi @mike1,

I created a test account on shopvox and had a look at their documentation. Once you have your account_id and authToken (visible in your settings page), you can easily access all the web services of their api adding these 2 parameters in the requests.
You will find here a sample descriptor file that will the contacts of a shopvox account. Just replace the credentials in the properties with your own ones to see all your contacts in Composer.

Please open a dedicated thread if you want to talk more about integrating shopvox with IntuiFace

Seb

Here are a few scenarios that may be worth to consider:

1 Like

Seb,

Thank You for the testing of this. On their documentation, they have a “start” and “stop” as if an employee was working on a specific job. What we were thinking is that an employee could walk up to the touch screen select the next job, click and drag it to his/her workstation and then they could click a start and stop button (or a trigger would start the job when they drop it on their work station) Each job in ShopVox has an uploaded image of what that project is.

So to create a visual floor plan of the shop with an image of say the “paint booth”, “welding station”, “vinyl cutter” and a “wide format printer”

I’m not sure this is something that can be done unless we do a enterprise subscription?

Can you set up a Intuiface file with what you already did, that I could log in and try?

Thanks!
Mike

Hi @mike1,

You can use the file I attached earlier and create your own project following the instructions of this article.
Unless you get an Enterprise Edition, you can create the project and test it but you won’t be able to save it.

Seb

HI Guys.

I am anxious to see this new API update. Can you give an estimate date of release?

Currently planned for sometimes in February Meanwhile, we’ll be happy to get examples of APIs from you. The more the better :wink:

Vincent

Vicent

Take a look at this service. It would be a great API service for intuiface

Best regards

Possibly just integrating into windows and office better. I. E.

Delete file, move file, copy file, run application (office) in window similar to how the web pages run perhaps

Here’s a good one. You never know when you may want somebody to carry on a conversation with your Kiosk.

https://www.motion.ai/

HI @j-geis,

Thanks for sharing , I used the tool we are currently developing with www.motion.ai api this morning. And it worked well :slight_smile:. It has generated those two interface assets descriptors for you : motion.messageBot.ifd to communicate with any bot and motion.getConversations.ifd to get messages of all conversation between users and your bots.

Just D&D the files in Composer, Corresponding IA will appear in IA panel.

All parameters are explained on motion.ai’s documentation : http://docs.motion.ai/docs/messagebot and http://docs.motion.ai/docs/getconversations.

Feel free to try it (specially in combinaison with Text to Speech and Speech recognition Interface Assets).

Enjoy !

Alban

1 Like

Hi Alban,
Is there a new feature for connecting to APIs? Are there any documentation on their use?

Thanks!
Mike

Not yet available @mike1! Will be part of 6.0 out sometime in March. However, we’ll provide a beta with limited access to this feature before then…

In a nutshell, it’s a web page on which you’ll enter a API request (like https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=pink+floyd&type=album - my favorite band). With that, our machine learning algorithms will preselect the properties from the API answer that look the most interesting to expose and interact with, and the IntuiFace Interface Asset will automatically be generated, imported in the Composer and presented as, say, an asset flow of Pink Floyd album covers with their titles. Pretty cool, right?

Vincent

1 Like

that is pretty cool, will this work with windows functionality like accessing files (with full feature support i.e. knowing its an image and giving you annotation tools) and the like?

Hi @telfordASE,

For version 6.0, we plan to support REST web services (GET and POST).

Supporting windows folders as Interface Assets is part of our post-6.0 roadmap.
This feature will allow you to design the way Player users can interact with files coming from a folder the same way you can already do with data coming from an Excel file or any other Interface Asset.

1 Like