Object recognition

Hi,
I’m looking to achieve the same thing and was wondering if someone could help. I have written a Java program to receive the touch inputs and recognise the tangible associated with the touch pattern.

The problem I now have is this needs to run as a full screen application. So the idea was to run it on a separate PC and transfer the object locations through the TUIO protocol to Intuiface. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a Java library or code example for generating the TUIO events and forwarding them over UDP to another PC running Intuiface.

Alternatively if I’m going about this backwards I would welcome any advice :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Darren

Hi @darren,

You’ll find on this website all resources associated to the TUIO protocol, including some Java libraries.

Regarding the connection to IntuiFace, you can either:

• send the object info through the TUIO protocol and use it as described in this article
  • or directly send some messages to IntuiFace using the External triggering (REST calls)

Seb

Hi Seb,

we have have a project with Object Recognition.
Can you send me please your sample Project?

Thank you very much and best regards
Edward

Hi @Edward,

You’ll find it at the end of the Using tangible objects article.

Seb

Hi Seb,

thank you very much for your fast reply.
I have download the TUIO sample, but i dont understand how can i bind the objects.

I,m use this Object interaction opneFramwork TOOLhttp://www.instructables.com/id/Object-Interaction-With-Touchscreens/ for object tracking.

But i don´t know what i need or what i´m must do that i can bind the tracked objects in my Intuifaceproject.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards
Edward

[Beschreibung: cid:image001.png@01CCCF20.B93ABFC0]
Edward Mekker
Geschäftsführer
Hirschgartenallee 26a
80639 München

Tel: +49 89/ 244 05- 889
Fax: +49 89/ 244 05- 890
Mobil: 0160/ 969 60 291

Email: edward.mekker@cmway.demailto:edward.mekker@cmway.de
Internet: www.cmway.dehttp://www.cmway.de/

Thanks for this link, it’s pretty interesting to see that there is an open-source framework to handle these home-made object tags. I’ll forward this to our dev team here so they can have a look into it, but I don’t know yet when they’ll have some free time for that.

Regarding the software you can download there, I’m not sure it’s going to send all the object events through TUIO protocol. This is a requirement for the Interface Asset embedded in our sample to receive these object events.

Please let us know about your findings.

Seb

Hi Seb
We installed the open frameworks and the library we get the link
I,m use this Object interaction opneFramwork TOOL http://www.instructables.com/id/Object-Interaction-With-Touchscreens/ 10 for object tracking. but we getting an error " one more file is missing or not loaded "
can you help us

Hi,

We never used this framework on our side so we can’t really help on this one. Do you get this error when running their software or when running IntuiFace?
You can maybe add a screenshot of the error to help us understand.

Seb

Hi Seb . Can you share sample project for me .
My email : tranhuytvc@gmail.com
thanks

Hi @tranhuytvc ,

You’ll find it at the end of the Using tangible objects article.

Seb

Just thought i would update everyone on this post we have Object Recognition working on both technologies IR and PCAP, If you would like the middleware or more information you can PM me.

We can also print 3D objects for PCAP and IR.

Louie

2 Likes

I’d be glad to know the middle ware Louie, can you please PM me… I tried it with TUIO and it worked pretty well.

I’ve just sent you a PM

Hi Louis, been looking for an interface for ages. Looks like you may have solved it for all of us. We use IR frames. We have written the IF. Solutions for placing different wine bottles with tokens stuck to the bottom of each button, but cannot get the TUIO api to work. Can you share your middleware software with us.? Or offer some advice
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @yoram,

I’m sure @Promultis will answer you shortly.
On the Intuiface side, please let us know how your experience creation goes. I’m sure you’ve seen the article already, but let me put it here again, just in case: https://support.intuiface.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007432151-Using-tangible-objects

Seb

1 Like

Hi @Seb

Thank you for your response and reference to the article. It appears that Displax and Promultus only offer a capacitive screen solution for tangible object recognition. Eyefactive seems to have a solution fir IR framed touch screens. I am not sure if they can link to Intuiface.

Hoping that @Promultis will offer a solution as well

Rocky

Hi @yoram

We do offer a IR solution, What IR frame do you have?

Kind Regards

Louie

Hi @Promultis

Thank you for coming back to me. For this specific project (wine information when placing bottle on screen surface - about 20 different wines) we are using the IRMT Infrared Multi-touch Frame. Our supplier is in Shanghai (http://www.irmtouch.com). If you want I can send you the specs. Also available on their website.

Kind Regards

Hi @yoram

Our Middleware works with PQLABS and PCAP, IRMT is yet still untested but i will test on an IRMT overlay and keep you posted, there is no reason why it would not work.

Kind Regards

Louie

Hi @Promultis

Thank you so much.

What I didn’t mention was that it is fairly urgent. The promotion is for Valentines Day, so we’ve got to be in the stores by 9th. We also have a couple of PQLabs frames, if we get stuck.

In the meantime can you send me some info on your middleware, including pricing, api for Intuiface, and details on the tangible objects.

I realise there is a show next week, so if you can’t handle intime, we are also looking at writing the whole wine experience in unity.

If you want to mail me direct, you can do so at rocky@humanintech.co.za

Thanks

Rocky Swartz