Muting Volume in Web Browser Asset

I am trying to add a flash game into my experience, but I cannot figure out a way to get the volume of the web asset to mute when it is not visible (web browser will be accessed by pressing an onscreen button). I have tried using stop loading/reloading web browser triggers based on visibility, but that did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be fixed?

Hi @dana.russell, I know it’s been a little while since your post - but my recommendation would be to switch to a different URL when it’s hidden. It could be a different URL within the game, or simply google.com. Then switch back when the game is shown. I’m not sure what else can be done at this time.

One other alternative work around that I recently suggested to the developers…to trigger a “tap” at an exact location on the screen. So when the web page is hidden…you could trigger a tap directly on the part of the webpage where the mute button is for the game. But this isn’t created yet - here’s a discussion post I created if you want to follow: Tap at Location Action - Wishlist - Intuiface Community

Hi AlexB and all, This is a feature that is still desirable: mute or volume control in web browser.

Agreed, though I’m not sure if it’s possible. We’d need one of the Intuiface folks to chime in on that one.

In the mean time, another thing I’ve done is switch the web browser to a hosted image, instead of a website. That way you can make the browser show whatever you want, and it will stop all sounds at the same time. It looks more natural to the program doing it this way.

1 Like

You could vote for the wishlist here

I have just given this the vote.

1 Like

Thanks AlexB. For my purpose, I realized the workaround was &muted=1 in a Vimeo link.