Intuiface web browser asset and Matterport 3D viewer not supported

Hello and thanks for reading. Our company wants to be able to use 3D scans we create using the Matterport camera (https://matterport.com/) inside Intuiface experiences.

Unfortunately, the matterport platform is pretty closed off - we can’t download the content and the scans/3D showcases can only be shared within an embedded player provided by Matterport themselves. So we could embed them in an intuiface experience using a web browser asset that way but unfortunately the matterport content does not support the intuiface browser which is based on Chromium(?)

An example of the matterport 3D tour can be seen here http://www.4piproductions.com/new/3d-scan-of-the-first-adobe-house-built-in-los-alamos-new-mexico-by-ed-grothus/

Is there anything I can do to get around this problem? I’ve tried using the legacy version of browser but I get the same error, the experience does not load and I get told to use a supported browser like chrome/firefox etc

It seems a shame as this content could work really well via touch enabled devices in an intuiface experience.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dai

Hi Dai @daianotherdave,

I tested your link in my Composer and it worked correctly. I used the “Default” styleof the Web Browser asset and tested both in Player for Windows and Player for tablets / kiosks.

Can you confirm which version of Composer you are running?

I know Paolo @tosolini uses matterport a lot, maybe he will have some hints for you on this topic.

Seb

Hi Seb,

Thanks for your response.

We are using composer 5.6.5.435. I have not tried to play the content in
the player yet, just from within composer. I have tried both default and
legacy browsers without luck but am at least encouraged to see you’ve had
success and that it is possible…

Dai

@daianotherdave

I use Win10 and I can load a Matterport model in Composer without issues. This wasn’t the case when IntuiFace was featuring just the legacy browser. I do have also Chrome installed on my computer, but I don’t think it really matters. Performance are not as good as in a normal browser, but it works. In fact, check out this case study video that shows the integration of IntuiFace + Matterport models on Microsoft Surfaces: Virtual Museum Online | The Museum of Flight

1 Like

Thanks Paolo !

@daianotherdave I use the same 4.6.5.435 version as yours on both my Win7 and Win10 machines.
I confirm you don’t need to have Chrome installed, but since these components are based on WebGL you need to have proper graphic card drivers installed.

Check on this side and if you still have the issue, I suggest you to start a discussion on our support website.

Seb

Thanks both. I’ll try a few more things, but currently it looks like it
should be working… hopefully I can find out why it’s not!

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

David

@daianotherdave You may be interested in this Matterport + IntuiFace demo that I just posted:

1 Like

Hi there,

I know this is an old topic but I am having the same problem and do not know how to fix it.

I am using the latest version of the composer (6.0.4+157) and player.

I create a standard web browser asset and load the URL into it. This works perfectly when I test it in my windows player but refuses to load/run when I play it on my Android Tablet (Samsung).

I do have Chrome loaded as my default browser on both platforms.

The Matterport scene does work perfectly when I load it manually into the chrome browser on the tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Grant

PS. I have also tested the demo scene that Tosolini created. Works fine on my windows laptop but does not load the Matterport scene on the Android tablet.

Hi @grant.visser,

Sorry for the late reply. As you can see in this article, the Web Browser asset will have some limitations on tablets or kiosks that may not exist on the Windows platform.
I recommend you to start a discussion with the support team to talk about your specific web page.

Seb

@daianotherdave @grant.visser I just did a simple test of Matterport + Excel + asset flow. Here is a video: How to interact with 360 media and Matterport models - #7 by tosolini - Best Practices + Tips & tricks - Intuiface Community

1 Like