Data Binding form IA response from Rest Call

Hi,

I created a custom IA that will call my Web Service. The response from the rest call will be an array of objects. However I am having difficulty in displaying it to scene as I am having difficulty in binding the result because it does not appear from the selection after clicking data binding. I created my .ifd file by following this link.

Property binding for the IA I created is not available

here is a portion of my .ifd file

"events": {
            "Response": {
                "type": "array",
                "title": "Products",
                "description" : "List of Products",
                "items" : {
                    "$ref" : "Product"
                }
            },

Can someone please tell me on how to properly implement displaying to the scene the response I got from the Web Service. I plan to display it in AssetGrid.

Thanks

Hi @gardner.torres,

You should have a look at this article which explains how to generate the ifd automatically for your REST service using the new feature API Explorer introduced with IntuiFace 6. This will probably fix the issues you have in the ifd you wrote manually.
Just FYI, the response shouldn’t be an “event” but a property of the “method” object.

I’m pretty sure the API Explorer will do that for you. Keep us informed after trying it!

Seb

Hi Seb,

Thanks for replying. Our Web Service is deployed at a locally setup environment which I believe is a limitation for the API Explorer. This is why I’m trying to create the ifd manually. I’ll try to transfer the response inside the “method” and see what will happend.

Hi @gardner.torres,

Can you confirm that your local web service returns a JSON or XML response?
On our side, we confirm that local web services were a limitation when we released IntuiFace 6.0 which has been removed end of June, so it should now work on your side.

Seb

Hi Seb,

Sorry for the late reply, I had a different task and I just got back to doing this again. The web service returns an array of objects as I mentioned before.

[
    {
        "field1": "test data 1",
        "field2": "test data 1",
        "field3": "test data 1",
        "field4": "test data 1",
        "field5": "test data 1"
    },
    {
        "field1": "test data 1",
        "field2": "test data 1",
        "field3": "test data 1",
        "field4": "test data 1",
        "field5": "test data 1"
    }
]

I’m using the current version of intuiface composer and I still can’t call my web service that is setup locally

Hi,

I recommend you to start a discussion with the support team so they can investigate with you what’s happening on your side.

Seb