A color Picker!

Hi all !

I’m a newbie and I didn’t saw anything similar about my request, so :
May we have a color picker in the color select panel that could pick a color of anything to select the same ?
For exemple I have a colored background, I need to create a mask with a rectangle, and I want it to be the same color of the background, so I could click on “fill color” then use the picker and click on the background, and this it ! Like on others design/photographics app… !!

Thanks a lot !

• I agree
  • I disagree

0 voters

Also some library colors :hugs:

I’m aware I’m going to propose just a workaround but I implement this when I know I’m gonna need a specific color theme for an XP :wink:

The trick is to put out of the scene, in an XP Layer, some simple shapes and Text Assets that will be used for “design” reference bindings everywhere else in my experience.

That’s a method we use for instance in the Word Clock sample from the Marketplace.

By doing so, I can then change a font (name, size etc) or element color everywhere in my XP by just changing my reference element. It’s handy if you know your customer hasn’t decided the final aspect yet, or for maintenance/evolution, or if you want to implement a “Dark Mode”.

You can use Global Variables also, of course, but less visual and using shapes allows you to set an animation transition between colors on the reference element, consequence being the effect is applied to your whole experience with just a single Trigger/Action added.

Kind regards,

Alex.

4 Likes

Hey Alex,

I remember when our teams had a great time, :baguette_bread: we talked about it :wink:
I usually bind this “settings” to the database, so even who doesn’t have the composer can edit these styles.

Best,
Ihnder

2 Likes